Sunday 28 September 2008

Erte in black and white

Side opening A5

I've made this for my sister in law's 60th birthday and is the first card I done entirely black and white.
Erte image with one layer decoupaged (oh, how fiddly were those thin doggy legs) Matted onto black mirri card with number handcut from same card. Finished with ribbons, flowers and 'bling'.






I didn't realise til I was half way through making it just how appropriate it is.
Brother in law died nearly 6 years ago and she doesn't want a party so we are having a 'girls only' evening at Peterborough dog racing. Transport is a limo and the evening includes a meal, the first bet and a drink.

It should be fun - the girls are going to the dogs!!!

Thank you for popping by

x

9 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Stunning card Irene, I love it.
Hugs Sandie x

iReneM said...

Thank you Sandie.
I think my Sis in law will like it.
I'll let you know :-)

x

Sheila - Ginger said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning Irene!! I adore Erte's ladies and you've done this particular lady proud.

love Sheila xx

Suzanne said...

Another fabulous card - stunning colours
Suzanne

Beryl K said...

Wow Irene, what a great card. I hope you have a great night, sounds like fun
Beryl x

Anne said...

What a fabulous card Irene, I'm sure it will be well received. Hope you all have a great night! x

Rosietoes said...

Oh, what a fabulous card Irene. I absolutely love it. Have a great night out together! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Irene- I love Erte

Helen

Ann Whitfield said...

Stunning and elegant Irene - lovely
Ann x