Sunday 26 April 2009

Two 40th cards - His and Hers

These are the last of the 40th birthday cards - I can hear sigh of relief :-)
These are for our lovely neighbours across the road
We left them enjoying their joint party around 11.30 last night. I am not expecting to see them out and about before lunchtime today.

This is for Matt. It is rather plain as I couldn't decide how to embellish it.
I have never asked what his interest are which may have made the job easier.
The only thing I added apart from the raffia were some punched leaves which are a very pale green and are nearly invisible!!



Mandy's card was much easier to do. Cards for ladies usually are, aren't they.



The BP's are 'Gorgeous Papers' by Gypsy Chick from Scrap Artist. Aptly named they really are gorgeous.
I used only two of these lovely designs, one is on the inside and used one of the others to make some flowers which are 'sparkled' with some Glamour Dust and added a bought flower and a pearl. The swirl is also sparkled.




I made another little pin to match the colour scheeme.

Would you believe I started this post at 7.30 this morning.
Have only just had time to finish it :-/

Thanks for your visit. Do please feel free to leave a comment, they are always very welcome and appreciated.

x

3 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

A couple of stunning cards Irene,love your attention to detail,all the embellishments are beautiful.
Hugs Sandie x

coldwaters2 said...

Irene these a gorgeous you have a wonderful touch with cards and it shows with these two the papers and embellishments are truly wonderful.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Irene, what lovely cards. When you do things like numbers I don't think you need to do much embellishing. There seems to be a lot of 40th cards around - or maybe it's because I'll be that age in 6 months' time!!! Best wishes, Kymxxx