Monday 1 February 2010

Blue 40th

8inch square

I really enjoyed making this card...another biggie...and I'll have to make a wrapper for it. I think it is going to be delivered personally... I forgot to ask.

Sketch Saturday 88 has provided the perfect sketch for this.
One Stop Craft Challenge 65 is - Make it personal




The ovals are cut with fancy scissors... my oval nesties didn't fit.
The number 40 is from a digi set...forgot which...and is glamour dusted.



The lovely Madison from Charmed Cards coloured with copics and promarkers



I made a scrunched up flower and added a pearly button and made the pearly circle from an old necklace and some wire from a bottle of wine....I'm very proud of that :-)...invention being the mother of necessity...or something like that, hahaha
The flourish is half of a big Sissix flourish die, glamour dusted



The wrapper




Image - Charmed Cards
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Flourish - Sissix
Feather and lace from stash

Pinky kindly left a comment a few posts back (thanks Pinky) and suggested I make my pics bigger...if you look in again...are these better :-)

I suppose I just leave it to visitors to click on the pics for a larger image if they want to, but maybe they don't come up much larger.


If anyone wants to let me know if this is better I will appreciate it.


Thank you for stopping by and for all the lovely comments left recently. You wouldn't believe how much I appreciate them :-)


x

6 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Irene so sorry I have not been joiniing in I will soon and yer pics are bigger mine are not good either its quite hard
lappys broken on kids

liz x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Irene. Love the image you've used and the pretty details also. Hugs Michele x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Irene this is a stunner the colours are beautiful just like that image wonderful work

Hugs
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is beautiful Irene,I love the image.xxx

Chrissie said...

Really fabulous Irene, this is a truly beautiful card, I'm sure that the recipient will be delighted. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

gina g said...

Love this great image fab papers i love the beautiful flower. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx