Sunday 23 May 2010

A Very Special Birthday

 8 inch square

About a year and a half ago I met a lovely lady who dialled a wrong number and got me instead.
Tomorrow she will be 95 years old - perhaps I should say 'young'  because she is as bright as a button and a joy to visit.
When I first visited her she was telling me about her family and I recognised her daughter's name - we went to the same school - how about that for coincidence.

I haven't seen her since Christmas so I will have the pleasure of calling round tomorrow with this card and some flowers.





I spritzed the rose with ruby red Cosmic Shimmer  to match the rose in the image



I started this before I went on holiday and have forgotten where I got this lovely  image but I can tell you it is printed on photo paper and, as you see, well distressed.

Papers - from the Sprout Collection from the Shabby Shoppe.
Large rose - Wild Orchid
Vintage seam binding ribbon - My Wedding Party, EBay shop
MS border punch
Pearls and small roses from my stash

 I made a box embellished with more pretty pink seam binding and small pink roses





I have made this for the following challenges

Lexi's Creations #14 - Sketch - rotated
By the Cute and Girly -   Celebrations 
CRAFT challenge  #51 - Birthday/celebrations
Papertake Weekly - Say it with flowers
Pixie Dust  challenge 23 - Add a pearl


Thank you for looking in today and for all the lovely encouraging comments left recently - each and every one is very much appreciated.

x

13 comments:

kathleen said...

Irene it is beautiful the lady will be thrilled.

Kathleen x

Sue said...

Oh what a wonderful story Irene I love it when people come into your life totally unexpected and leave a little happiness in your heart! your card is truly beautiful and will be lovingly received as it was made I'm sure, Happy Crafting, Sue xx

Lexi said...

ohh this is such a dainty, pretty card and i just adore the box its gorgeous...thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Beryl said...

This is wonderful Irene. I love the distressing and the whole design is so beautiful. Your friend will adore it.
Beryl xx

Moshie said...

What a gorgeous card. It is sooooo pretty. And love the story about your new friend! I love coincidences that are so heartwarming. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
hugs, Diana

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining in the celebratory challenge at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Faye said...

This is such a pretty card, I really like it. I'm gonna keep coming back just to look at it! Thanks for playing at Lexi's. x

Cat said...

What a gorgeous card and a lovely story! Fate! Thanks for joining us this week at Pixie Dust! I’m having a “Count the Pearls” Contest on my blog
Here You could win a digi from the new “Pearl” Collection!

maxine said...

This is so pretty thanks for joining us at lexis creatioins

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning card,love the colours and the pretty image you have used .what a lovely box too,i bet the lady loves it.thanks for joining us at lexis creations and good luck.
lalkygirl x

Eiglas said...

A truly beautiful card Irene - and a lovely anecdote to go with it!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T for our Blogaversary!
Hugs,
Ei
x

nnalorac said...

Very pretty card Irene, love the design and the distressing. Thanks for joining us over o. nnalorac.xn BTC&G

Ann Whitfield said...

I thought I'd commented on this one already Irene! Marbles must definitely be on the way out!! Stunning card and I'm sure it was very much appreciated.
Ann x