Wednesday 25 April 2012

For my Son's Birthday

********************

For my son's birthday on Friday - I can't say how old he is -  it is a secret between the two of us, lol
BG paper is from Papermania Rose Garden pad distressed with vintage photo, bundled sage & faded jeans.






I used the CB Happy Birthday folder on a piece of a paper tissue box, then did a bit of distressing with the same DI's as the BG paper plus some gold EP.
The corrugated card was packaging from my DD, I wiped white acrylic paint on it with my fingers, a nice mucky job. Finished it off with some more gold EP







The Spellbinders die shape came from this, below - the lining of a powdered milk carton.


  My attempt at  colouring this was hardly a success because it is too shiny and smooth so the ink puddled. I wondered if  I would have had better luck with distress stains -  I don't have any so I'll never know, lol.

So... I swiped some Cosmic Shimmer Mist on first and then dabbed on some alcohol ink with a sponge.
The idea to try this came from Anita's alcohol ink tutorial






These were also cut from the tissue box  -  embossed with gold EP and then the CB textile EF.
Ignore the round bit which is from a brochure,
I didn't use it for this card :)




So.... my re-purposed stuff is....corrugated card, a paper tissue box, powdered milk carton lining and some string.

Embellishments, jute mesh ribbon strip and the string that was wrapped around it from Funky Junky Linda's boutique


Challenges
Frilly & Funky - Re-Purpose to UpCycle
Joanna Sheen - for someone special - proud to add that this was one of the Top 3 :)
Cards for Men #9 - texture
Made Especially for You - Earth Day challenge
City Crafter #106 - a little rough around the edges


Thank you for stopping by
Cheers me dears


x

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Irene this is fabulous well done I love this one Hugs Elaine

Ashley said...

Gorgeous masculine card! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Gorgeous masculine card! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Beryl said...

Great card Irene. Lots of work and I'm really impressed with all that recycling.
Beryl xx

Sandie said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thank you for participating in the challenge on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog...x

Rosietoes said...

Smashing card Irene and a great use of packaging. I love using old packaging and especially the acrylic stuff that is really thick and makes great die cuts. :) Love the effect of the white paint and the gold embossing.
Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen challenge.

Edna x

Alljazzed2create said...

Very cool ideas. I really like how you used the inside of a milk carton. That is a cool idea. Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great card! Love that gold on the corrugated cardboard. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie this week!

Beckie said...

Great card. Fabulous job upcycling! New follower ;0) Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y.

Be blessed, Beckie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your card is fabulous, Irene! Such wonderful layers and textures. Great use of the birthday EF - haven't had mine out in forever and now my have inspired me to use mine. Super re-purposing of all this items too. Hope your son loves his b'day card!

So great to have you joining in the fun with us again this time around at Frilly & Funkie. And thanks for letting me know your package arrived - wow, that was fast! Have fun with that new TH die - it's one of my new favs!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Irene, I'm sure your son (however old he is !) will love it ! Great use of recycled items, and love the texture you've created. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Terry said...

This is a perfect birthday card for a guy! Love the gold touches and the CB folder with the torn edges is fabulous! Happy Birthday to your son! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

glowegal said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the texture the recycled matter gave the card! Great job!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Made Especially for You!!!

Ros said...

Happy birthday to your son ... fab card and I love the recycling ... Thanks for playing along at CCCB

Georgiana said...

Absolutely lovely! Love that you recycled! Thank you for sharing at Made Especially for You this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Michelle said...

beautiful use of burlap and I love your card!

Pia S said...

So many lovely elements so nicely put together. great design!

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a great card,many thanks for joinin us at cards for men in our texture challenge, hugs sandra dt

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. So many wonderful textures. I just love it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!