Saturday 28 April 2012

My New Die

***********

I received some new goodies today from Funkie Junkie Linda's boutique.  One of them was the TH tattered floral die.........so of course I had to have a play and I made this for my neighbour's birthday.  

The BP is one of Crafty Ann's Funky collection and the postcard stamp is one of my choices for a win from  LOTV. The mesh is plasterboard tape coloured with gold pentouch.






Two layers of punched butterfly - one from the BP and the lower one from the 'mess' left behind after colouring the mesh which is little gold squares.






I cut the flowers from an old book and coloured them with DI's.
Isn't it a shame I couldn't stamp the sentiment straight :(



Challenges
Simon Says  - anything goes
The Stamp Man - shabby/distressed
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Crafty Catz #130 - anything goes
Truly, Madly Crafty  April challenge - handmade flowers
Polka Doodles #17 - shabby chic/vintage


Thank you for stopping by today
Cheers me dears


x

7 comments:

Beryl said...

That TH die is top of my wish list at the moment (and will stay there till I get it). This card is lovely, soft beautiful colours and love the mesh. I keep forgetting I've got that and it's so useful and effective.
Beryl xx

Brenda Brown said...

this is a gorgeous shabby card. I love the soft pastel colours and all the elements you have added to it. I think the sentiment stamped at a slight angle looks great, sometimes perfectly on the line can look too regimented. A great job done Irene.
Thanks for sharing this lovely with us at The Stamp Man.
hugs {brenda} xox

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous.

lindyloo said...

thank you for joining us at crafty catz with your beautiful card hugs linda x

Anne said...

Beautiful, perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles and good luck
Anne x

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation Irene love the flower and the vintage look Hugs Elaine

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our Shabby Chic/Vintage challenge this week at Polka Doodles! What good use you have made of your new die - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x