Thursday 10 May 2012

I Have Tried!!

************
I am away for a while and will be back 2 June :)

OK - so tarting up a match box may be easy for the arty farty amongst us but oh my!!  this sort of project is so not my forte. . It is good to get out of ones comfort zone now and then - so I'm told, lol..
Now it is finished I'll admit I enjoyed the experience :)

I know you all know what  a match box looks like and this is the naked original :)






I started off covering the box and the ends of the drawer using a page from an old book liberally distressed with Vintage Photo DI.
I glued on an image that I'd printed on tracing paper and a piece of music coloured with same old Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick and painted over with iridescent medium. 



The corrugated heart is covered with my version of faux metal - scrunched kitchen foil wiped over with black paint. I stamped 'memories' down one side and stuck on some lace around the other.
I am proud of the pearls made with Petal Pink liquid pearls - I am getting better at this :)
Due to lack of imagination I just finished it off with a scrunchy ribbon bow and a little crinoline flower.
Also thought it better to quit before I ruined it.





Actually, the more I look at it the more I like it, so that is good :)




Challenge
Frilly & Funkie - alter it!


Thank you for stopping by today
Cheers me dears


x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Irene, love the transformation and vintage feel. Fabulous project ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Carol said...

Well done Irene. I wouldn't have known where to start. That comfort zone is a nice place though.
Hugs
Carol x

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow Irene,I'm loving your matchbox...well worth your effort as it's gorgeous.
Never tried printing on tracing paper,thanks for the tip.

Sandie xx

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this....I have a thing for boxes and this one is awesome...so glad you played along with us at F&F...have a fabby weekend!

enjoy *~*

Beryl said...

No lack of imagination evident here Irene. What was once a humble match box in now a beautiful keepsake box.
Beryl xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a transformation! The liquid pearls are a neat accent and I love the heart. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Frilly & Funkie.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! What an awesome idea to use the match box, and the foil is brilliant! This is a lovely project! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this challenge!