Tuesday 19 February 2013

Birdcage

********

I was lucky enough to win some die cuts from the lovely Sarah at Craft All Day - thank you very much Sarah :)  I am so happy this bird cage was one of them. I have often considered buying this die, but, my crafting budget has to be kept under control, lol.

I started off by covering a piece of card with crumpled tissue paper and experimented with all of my distress stains - yup, got a blue AND a green :)
I then did a bit of random stamping with some words in black and also with white paint  through a piece of plasterers mesh. This was the nearest I could get to a stencil -  the Dylusions diamond border is on my wish list!  I dabbed around the edges with gold.
The birdcage has also been well dabbed with the same gold and some brown paint to give it a worn/distressed look.







I covered the old button with few layers of copper EP then dobbed it on to a swirly stamp while still warm.  I added some black glitter to the corner with just a bit of iced jewels glitter crystal.





The ball chain is a relic from my working life - I knew it would come in handy one day.
I cut the little birdie from a freebie template from Crafts Beautiful  and coloured with some copics and a promarker. If I had made it bigger I would have put it 'in' the cage but it looked so pretty I decided  to leave it free.  Finished off with the crinkled turquoise seam binding bow.



Challenges
The Ribbon Girl - Feb colour challenge
Allsorts #194 - things with wings
Alphabet - A for...anything with wings




Thank you for stopping by and for the much appreciated comments on previous posts
Cheers me dears :)


x





6 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely use of the birdcage die Irene.

It's one I never considered buying until a friend sent me a few cut out and then I was hooked and think it's probably my favourite now.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Irene, I totally forgot to thank you for joining us that Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

craftymum said...

Gorgeous card Irene. So glad you liked the die cuts we sent you.

We have added your card to our blog today too.

Hugs Sarah x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

really lovely!! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Cazro said...

A little stunner, beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge for our A - Anything with Wings. Caz