Saturday 17 August 2013

Happy Birthday dear Son-in-Law

******************************

This is the first of four cards for SIL's birthday. I only just managed to get them finished in time.  My main printer ran out of all four ink carts and the standby is giving me gaps and streaks


This follows a design in my craft mag and looks simple enough but I did have a  challenge getting the banners straight.
The main BP was a bit left over from one of the other cards and the green and orange freebies from craft mag.
The CB embossing folder, I think, is called textile - anyway it is one of my favourites and most used.
I didn't want to use ribbon so I've some stringy twine as a simple embellishment.




Computer generated sentiment fixed with foam pads on a die cut label also fixed with foam pads


I'd like to enter the following challenges
Cuttlebug Mania - embossing
Top Tip Tuesday #107 - embossing
TTCRD - anything goes
CYP #175 - don't get your twine in a tangle



Thank you for stopping by today and the much appreciated comments on previous posts
Cheers me dears :)


x

6 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

Beautiful texture from the embossing on these wonderful flags. The colours are lovely and I really like the way you made the sentiment stand out from the background. The string is a great detail. Thanks for joining our Don't Get Your Twine in a Tangle challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

Deonna B said...

I love the Green and orange and your great embossing. Thank you for sharing your talent with TTCRD this week.

Kimbo said...

What a great idea for male cards. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania x

Jannie said...

What a wonderful card! And I love how you have made the strips and embossed them! very elegant even for a man!!!!! Love it!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs&Hugs
Jannie

Lisa Minckler said...

Now that is a truly wonderful design on this card. The colors are fantastic and the embossing is really shown off so well here. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday and sharing your talents with us!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Kerry said...

Love the green and orange and the design is so versatile. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week.